Johnny Key

Commissioner of Education

Read Bio  

Who can start a district conversion charter school?


Any public school district may apply to the State Board for conversion public charter school status for a public school in the public school district in accordance with a schedule approved by the State Board. The State Board shall not approve an application for conversion public charter school status that has not first been approved by the school district’s board of directors.

Source: Ark. Code Ann. § 6-23-102

Back to Charter Schools

« Back to FAQs

State Standards

Learn more about the standards that define the knowledge and skills Arkansas students should have in order to be ready for college and careers.

Learn More

Licensure & Certification

Find critical information about renewing Arkansas educator licenses, adding areas of licensure, licensing by reciprocity from other states, background checks and more.

Learn More

ESEA Flexibility

Learn More

Latest News & Events

Learn More