In an effort to deliver improved customer service and reduce costs, the Office of Educator Licensure will no longer print a paper license upon renewal. You may print a copy of your license from the Educator View screen at https://adeaels.arkansas.gov/AelsWeb/Account/TeacherLogin.aspx or click on
2. Complete the online application for renewal at https://adeaels.arkansas.gov/AelsWeb/Account/TeacherLogin.aspx. NOTE: Paper applications are no longer accepted.
3. Your $75 application fee shall be paid at the time of application unless the school district will be paying. The link to pay is located within the application. All fees are nonrefundable.
4. If you have continuously taught in an Arkansas public school and completed the required yearly professional development for the all of the previous five years, it should be reflected in the application after July 1 of the expiring year. Do not upload certificates for profesional development. If your professional development is not reflected, you may upload this form signed by your administrator: Verification Form for Professional Development.
5. If you have not taught for all of the previous five school years but completed professional development you may upload the certificates into one PDF document. To view professional development requirements go to http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/learning-services/professional-development/scheduled-professional-development-k--12.
6. If you have not completed the required professional development, mark accordingly on the application.
All teachers and administrators must be able to document the required professional development hours annually for the renewal of their standard teaching license. All professional development must be completed within either of the following cycles during each year: June 1 to May 31 or July 1 to June 30.
The 60 hour professional development component began with the 2005/2006 school year and concluded with the 2013/2014 school year. Beginning with the 2014/2015 school year, a standard licensed teacher will be required to maintain a minimum of 36 professional development hours per school year.
ATTENTION: All above requirements only pertain to renewing a license, not your employer's requirements.
A license expired for more than a year requires 60 hours of professional development completed within a year of applying for renewal.
Teachers and administrators attached to public schools, education cooperatives, public charter schools, the Arkansas School for Math and Sciences, the Arkansas School for the Deaf or the Arkansas School for the Blind will work through their employer to acquire the necessary professional development on an annual basis. The employer will be responsible for maintaining verification of the professional development completed for each teacher/administrator and reporting to ADE annually for the renewal of teaching licenses. Instructions for the reporting of professional development to ADE will come through a Commissioner’s Memo.
Teachers and administrators attached to private schools, Arkansas colleges/universities or other agencies or organizations that employ licensed teachers, will be responsible for working through those employers to complete their required professional development each year or finding professional development opportunities on their own. Forms for the verification of professional development necessary for the renewal of a standard teaching license are available in the related files section on this page.
Individuals that are not employed will be responsible for securing the required hours of professional development annually. The submission of paperwork documenting the completion of the required professional development each year will not occur until time of renewal. At that time, the teacher will submit the completed application form for the renewal of the teaching license and attach the forms verifying professional development activities for each year of the previous five (5) years.
Verification for Individual Professional Development Training Form - This form may be used to document a single professional development activity. While this form may be used by all teachers, it will be most helpful for those teachers that are not employed, as a way of verifying completion of the 60 hours of professional development required annually. This form will accompany the application for licensure renewal, only for those teachers not employed.
Verification of Professional Development for Licensure Renewal Form - This form may be used to verify professional development and the required work experience necessary for the renewal of a standard Arkansas teaching license for teachers that are employed in non-public school settings (or other agencies/organizations requiring a licensed teacher) and institutions of higher education. This form will accompany the application for the renewal of a teaching license.
Learn more about the standards that define the knowledge and skills Arkansas students should have in order to be ready for college and careers.Learn More
Find critical information about renewing Arkansas educator licenses, adding areas of licensure, licensing by reciprocity from other states, background checks and more.Learn More